Monday, November 21, 2011

D-day Is Almost Here!


Posted on Friday, September 9, 2011
So lets see the last time we updated this blog I wasn’t really very happy. I actually had to battle a bit of depression & frustration.  I cant explain to anyone how it feels to think that the vibe you are getting back from the doctors was that they didn’t care & that your child is just a paycheck to them. Since then I have met with Dr. Miller (Children’s Surgical Associates) and for the first time I had someone tell us that they are going to do everything they can to save Silas. He told me that yes, there is a lot of problems but take your time & tackling them one at a time will get Silas through this, but ultimately its up to Silas to pull through. I’ve carried my son for the past 8 months and there is one thing that I’m sure of and that is that Silas is definitely a fighter!!
Since my last time posting an update I have heard from Dr. Kay’s office (which I turned down). I have met with Dr. Miller http://csapediatricsurgery.com/ , NICU social worker(Autumn), high risk social worker (Andrea), Neonatologist (Brian Lipman) & genetic counselor (Dan Ricconda) &  Im happy with the team and I feel that Silas has a chance! For the first time since we were diagnosed at wk 20 someone finally looked me dead in the face & said “My team & I will do everything we can to give your son a chance at life!”  So as of now its just a waiting game for now. I have to go to OB every week now & next visit I get the final work up on my blood, pap, & sonogram to see how much Silas weighs. about 3 wks ago Silas was measuring the length of a 29 wk term baby (this is when I was 31 wks). Although my genetic counselor said that he is leaning toward Silas also being diagnosed with Fanconi Anemia or Fryns syndrome when I spoke to Dr. Miller about the fact that Silas may have a ssyndrome as well as CDH & the firt thing out of his mouth was VATERS AKA VACTERAL association!! Im weighing in at 142lbs right now.  So, for now Im just trying to mentally prepare for the day he arrives, because although Im happy & excited Im PETRIFIED of this day!
Next appt is next week Sept. 15 at the crack of dawn and so until then I just want to let you know that we are holding a fundraising event for Silas on Sept 18. you find it in your hearts to donate $18. He will be induced on Oct 18, so the money raised will give us a great head start on his future.. If you can not afford $18 please send this link and info to 18 people you know.. thank you & God Bless to you all! PLEASE DONATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment